Field Width, drop-down list

Ciao @jan.pindak ,
I noticed that in the drop-down list, the display of fields keeps its formatting in terms of width, so when the text value of the field is long, it is difficult to be able to find the value to insert in a linked field. Is there a possibility to decide the width (size of each field) to be displayed in the drop-down list? Also, if the field values ​​are similar in the first part of the text, they all appear the same, so you need to define a wider width to find which record to select in the drop-down list entry. Let me know.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hello,

I am not sure If I understood correctly. However, the width of the dropdown field type can be defined in the form designer which is situated in the left down corner of the table fields. Is that what you mean?

Best wishes,

Michaela

Hi Michaela,
I am not referring to the width of the fields, but to the width of the search fields and of the box that does not allow you to size the relative widths in display as default. This implies that if in the field there are texts with the same initial word, it is not possible to distinguish the contents of the field, it is necessary to enlarge the view of the field each time or scroll with the cursor down. I hope I have explained. Let me know thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the further explanation and the screenshot enclosed.

Unfortunately, there is a not a possibility to set up the the width of the columns in the lookup as default. I can understand that it might be unclear and time consuming, we will therefore consider the implementation in the future. Thank you so much for letting us know about it.

Best wishes,

Michaela

1 Like

Hi Michaela,
Maybe partially related to this, it seems that there is a bug with the sub-grid field length in multiple-to-multiple record selection. At least in some of our tables, even if we have only one field selected to show in sub-grid, the first column is as narrow as possible. Clicking Hide unassigned and then Show unassigned “fixes” this. See screenshots.

Hey Martti,

Thank you so much for the info! I have already passed it to our deveopers. We will try to fix asap :slight_smile:

Wish you a nice day,

Michaela