Reading a value into a text field using a barcode scanner on a mobile phone

Can Tabidoo allow a value to be loaded into a Text field using a barcode reader on a mobile phone?
I would like to create a database that contains only a Text field, which when the user clicks on the mobile phone, an application appears to read the barcode. The application reads the barcode and loads the barcode value into the Text field.

Once the record is saved, which will still contain the System Field for the Date and Time the record was saved, the necessary database is gradually created.

Thank you. Milan

Hi,

We have already seen this query from a customer, for example this original ZXing library (GitHub - zxing-js/library: Multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library, usable in JavaScript ecosystem.), which is now in opensource, was used to solve it. Not all types of 1D and 2D codes are supported.

With Regards,

Filip Tabidoo.

Thank you for your reply - but I don’t have the necessary knowledge of Java scripting - can you please describe how to achieve the required result through the settings in Tabidoo. Unfortunately I am not very wise from the documentation you linked me to.

Thank you very much.
Milan

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, could you please address this query to our Support Team (support@tabidoo.cloud) where we would address your query with our colleagues.

With Regards, Filip Tabidoo.

We are using android barcode scanner keyboard from play store for this purpose…

Skvělé, moc díky :grinning: to je to co jsem potřeboval.

Milan K.